Saturday, October 19, 2013

Examples of Visual Literacy and Learning

In my previous post, I stated that visual association could be very useful to education. As soon as I started thinking about this idea, a couple examples of how visual aids could be effective in understanding cultural differences popped into my head. However, I came across a cool example quite a while ago.

Over the summer I saw these really interesting graphics that mapped out the linguistics differences of certain words across America. I found out that we all use different words for things, depending on where we live in the country. I spent such a long time looking at these maps, because I have family all throughout the nation, and I found the results to be entertaining and extremely accurate. I looked further into the project, and discovered that this project was done by a Ph.D. student at North Carolina State University by the name of Jonathan Katz.

I encourage everyone to take a look at this project, because it is a perfect example of how cultural differences can develop throughout a city, state, or country- and how we can easily highlight these differences with visuals.

The link to Katz's project is here: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jakatz2/project-dialect.html

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Visual literacy is important and will always be used, the term visual literacy makes us think that its new, but I think it has been around us for long. Visual literacy has always been useful in teaching and learning. I personally use it to help me understand a topic that is very complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I composed a marketable strategy and I was required to lead the exploration important to dispatch the new business OkDissertations thesis proposal which truly put to utilize all that I had contemplated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning assets are given, above all else is that they bolster the educational modules,educational website and in addition identified with self-advancement and additionally vocation improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are various ways that you can pick your separation learning education. The choices will incorporate the web,HOSPITALITY MUT the business directory, your neighborhood schools and colleges and now and then your nearby network focuses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in collegest louis convent high school.it is useful For me Great Work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. mayo international school delhiI wanted to thank you for this great article.

    ReplyDelete